Tuesday 28 June 2011

Pier Under Project's


Theses are Art piece's I have recently painted, for a project called 'Pier Under'. I had to do two because I do two art subjects, Fine art and Graphic Communications.

 The first one is a piece which is really pretty clear, peering under the skin to reveal a skull. I could also say that it represents behind every physical exterior we are all the same. This piece has had lots of comments about why I done it, I don't want to sound morbid but it was the one of the first things I though of doing, for no big reason really. The painting is also pretty realistic in the fact when peeling back the layer of skin (paint) it actually sounds like skin is being pulled off, its kinda gross. One of my art teachers also said to me today, 'Ellie you have a dark side to you'. Well, that might explain why a lot! Of my art is not conventional. 





The second piece is for graphics. And after a group brainstorm I came up the idea of doing something todo with looking under people's fears and phobias. I have created a painting well kinda a poster to do with Arachnephobia (fear of spiders). And how in every city behind every window lies fear. 







No comments: